Welcome

Hi friends and family! As you know, I am very excited about my month out west. Check back to see what I am up to and where I am. Thanks for visiting my blog!





Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30, 2010

Mom flew home today and arrived safely. After watching Ryan eat two large bagels with cream cheese and three large blueberry muffins, I was utterly grossed out and went for a bike ride. I rode 10 miles on an out-and-back route on Hilltop Road. It was beautiful with large open farm land. The five miles out took me 29 minutes due to the intense head-winds. The way back only took 11 minutes! The way back was beautiful because the mountains were in front of me and I didn’t have to focus on pushing myself. I did almost get blown over a few times though.


Darcie and Ryan are fortunate and have tons of cute playgrounds and parks within walking distance of their house. Ryan, Ryan’s brother, George, Aunt Linda, Molly and I went to one of the playgrounds and hung out for a while. Sedona came along as well and ran her butt of in the field. George and Sedona raced for the ball and jumped for it at the same time… the collision was priceless and I couldn’t tell if George or Sedona was more shaken.


After a quick nap for Molly and Kipton we all packed into the car and drove down town to REI. It is a huge store in an old train station. I bought all the essentials to change a flat tire on my mountain bike if need be. The only problem is I don’t know how to use the stuff! Hopefully the people on the trip will help me out if I need it. George and Ryan took Molly down into the river that runs near REI and she came back soaking wet but very happy. She calls me “Kati Dula” and it is the cutest thing. Currently Molly is laying on the couch next to a sleeping Darcie and Kipton. She is happy because she has Kipton’s passey and I’m the only one who realizes it. It’s funny how quiet and good she is when she doesn’t want to draw attention to herself. Darcie is right… she is a genius!


Dinner, a trip to the local health food store, “Sprouts” and a fire on the deck complete with s’mores; Darcie and I are trying to stay awake while Ryan takes George back home for the night. I don't think we will last much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment