
The morning started off with Ryan and I compiling Darcie’s 500 packing lists into one giant list on Molly’s dry erase board. Molly was very tired all day and as a result I could not talk to her or even look at her without sending her into a crying fit yelling for “daddy.” After trying to help Ryan pack for about an hour we gave up and Ryan took Molly to the sitters for the day.
I went for a bike ride after lunch and it was a great ride. I rode on the Cherry Creek Regional Trail. It is about 12-13 miles of flat, paved trail winding through natural grassland and forested areas. There were lots of shady spots along the way, a few other riders and runners, and great resting areas with water fountains and bathrooms. On the way I saw a few prairie dogs and a group of deer. I also ate quite a few bugs. I felt like I was on the highway, bugs flying into my face and legs. Luckily I don’t think any splattered on me. After about 20 miles or so, on my way back, I took a wrong turn and ended up on a different trail. I didn’t realize until I had gone about 2 miles out of the way and had to back track. Then I realized that the last mile of my ride, in order to get back to Darcie’s, was a 1 mile upward climb…seriously! Within that last upward mile, the first ½ mile was an insanely steep upward climb. I was about to jump off and walk my bike up but like Keith says, you can do anything for 1 minute. Well this was more like 5, but it inspired me all the same. I made it home after 32 miles of unexpected riding, and a nice sunburn to top it all off.
Needless to say I had one of the best naps EVER today. It stormed this afternoon, making the nap even more enjoyable. Dinner and then a game of softball where I had to play 3rd base brought Ryan and I to the parking lot at the ball park to find that Ryan left his lights on in the car and the battery was dead. We borrowed jumper cables from another player and then were on our way to ice cream. When we got home Darc was in a packing frenzy and we jumped in to help. It is now 2:30 am and I need to be up in about 5.5 hours to drive to Grand Junction for the weekend. Loud music and windows down tomorrow in the car!!
No comments:
Post a Comment