
July 7 pm
Waking up today was by far the best wake up on the lake yet. Our spot is so great because the cliff is really high and it is directly to the East so when the sun came up this morning we stayed in the shade much longer than usual. The air stayed cool and the color the sun was splashing on the rock faces was so beautiful. I wish I had other words to use to describe this place. The words beautiful, gorgeous, breathtaking… none of them do this amazing landscape justice. I said again when I got up this morning, “This is the most beautiful place on Earth.”
We took the jet-skis out to find the canyon I found yesterday. Ryan and Darc went on one and Travis and I went on the other. It took us a little while, but we found it again. The canyon went so far back. From the main channel into the cove took us about 15 minutes to ride. Then the mouth of the slit-canyon back to where we turned around was about 30 minutes. The canyon got really narrow the further we went and the walls of the rocks were towering above us. The water was clear enough to see that the rocks also went strait down, making the center of the channel a dark blue-green color and the edges a lighter sea green color. Lizards scurry along the sides of the canyon and I am impressed they can stay on. There was a cave like inlet in the rock and I jumped off the jet-ski and swam over to it. I crawled up into it and Travis took my picture. Then when we got back out into the wider pool I jumped in again because the water in the back was a bit stagnant and I wanted to rinse off. I felt like I was living in the book, “Island of the Blue Dolphins.” Remember that book? I don’t, really, but I know I read it and I think the girl in the book got to swim wherever she wanted. With dolphins, perhaps? Oh well, it sounds good.
We got back and I laid out on the top of the boat again and listened to music. I took one of the books I need to read about Science note-booking up with me, but it just served as a good shade for my drink. Maybe I will read that later, or maybe not:)
Hilarious side note: I am sitting at the kitchen table writing this and Molly is in Kipton’s bouncy seat with HIS passy in her mouth. She is not supposed to have it and Darcie said, “here comes daddy.” Molly jumps out of the seat with passy in mouth and runs her cute little but back into the bedroom. Darcie and I are cracking up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment