
July 9
Today is our last day on the boat. We will be getting off tomorrow and heading our different directions. Me to St. George, UT, about 3 hours South and West of Page. The Peacocks to Grand Junction and then to Parker. I am glad to be getting off the boat because I am sick of the nasty toilet and a shower with clean water instead of lake water sounds pretty good right now. I am sad though that I will not see this amazing lake and cliffs again for at least a couple years.
The day passed slowly with nothing really eventful. We moved the boat closer to the docks but a huge storm was rolling in so we docked earlier than we wanted to. We had to put out 6 anchors, and I am pretty sick of anchors! Watching the storm roll in was awesome! The clouds were dark in the distance but it never really hit us. The wind and waves, however, hit us hard! Ryan, Mark and Travis wrestled with the speed boat while I took pictures of them. I thought about helping but it looked a bit painful getting thrown into the side of the boat, so I stayed put.
We went off the slide in the evening and took showers on the back of the boat. Nothing sexier than a chick in a Speedo shaving her legs on the back of a boat! I’m too sexy for the shower, too sexy for the shower…
One more night under the stars, one more morning waking up to the sun rising. I will miss you Lake Powell!
No comments:
Post a Comment