
July 6th
We are on the move again. Yesterday we found a spot to dock and hung there the rest of the day and night. I laid out a bit more, then went running back behind where the boat was docked. It was tough running up hill through the sand but once I got to the top of the dune it flattened out and was a little easier. I didn’t run too long because it was scorching hot and I kept getting light headed. I came back to the boat and swam what I’m guessing was about 400 meters. Then I played with Molly and laid on the raft in the water.
After dinner Mark took Travis and I out with the speed boat and we went wake boarding. I went first and got up on my first try! It wasn’t as tough as I thought it would be, but it does exhaust your legs quickly. It made me want to learn to surf! Travis went next and it took him a while to get up. When I pointed that out to Nick on the phone he commented on how competitive I am. Me? Competitive? No way, never heard that before!
While Travis was boarding I was relaxing on the boat and taking in the beautiful sunset. The color of the rocks change in the evening and the colors are so rich they look wet, like if you touch them the color will stain your hand. And, actually, the sand does stain everything. It is very fine, soft and very orange, and it is everywhere!
After the wake boarding we made a fire in the sand and ate s’mores. Delicious! Mark dropped a marshmallow on his bare chest and it got stuck in his hair so he took a bath in the lake. I thought about doing the same but after watching him shiver I decided the wake board bath was good enough. Then it was off to bed under the stars with Molly next to me. She was so sweet, until about 2am when she woke up, freaked out, and went down with mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment